Friday, October 21, 2011

Ratatouille Pesto Sandwich

I had a sandwich the other day while eating lunch out with a friend.  I liked the sandwich enough that I thought I would do a little recreating at home and make my own version.  I had high hopes that this sandwich would be great and was looking forward to eating it all day.  I knew after one bite that it was everything I hoped it would be!


Ratatouille Pesto Sandwich

Ciabatta rolls
Ratatouille
Pesto sauce, store bought or homemade
Fresh mozzarella, sliced

Preheat broiler to high.  Cut ciabatta roll in half.  Spread a layer of pesto over both cut sides of bread.  On the bottom half of the ciabatta roll, layer the ratatouille and then the fresh mozzarella cheese.  Place on a baking sheet cut sides up and place under broiler until cheese is melted.  Part way through broiling; turn the top part of the roll over so that it can get a little bit of crunch.  Eat and enjoy (it can be a bit messy)!

1 comment: